Monday 11 March 2019

The Mines Afire Prediction

Hello, Today we got some questions to answer about the book called The Mines Afire before we start reading it. On Monday we are going on a school trip to where the fire actually happened in Brunnerton that is about 7 minutes away from our school.  I am really looking forward to going there and learning a lot more about it than I will make another blog post about it when I get back  so I can teach you a bit about the mine.  

If you don't  know I can tell you a bit that I know now. 
There was a big fire in Brunnerton Mine in 1896 and about 62 people died in that mine that day and the youngest person was only 16 who died and the oldest person was about 72 years old. Every body  that was working  that day died  in the mine.  
     

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryah, I am impressed with the thinking shown by your answers. You are making connections to what you already know about the Brunner Mine Disaster and using this information to make your predictions. Next time it would be great to see you rereading your answers when finished to make sure they all make sense.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.